dessert for breakfast! this sweet banana pumpkin smoothie bowl is a delicious & healthy way to start the day. (vegan & gluten-free) made in partnership with shine organics!
hellloooo banana pumpkin smoothie bowl
its october first yet here i am writing about smoothie bowls. hmm.
yes, i am aware it’s fall so this recipe may seem a bit “out of season,” but i guarantee you it is not 🙂 i combined some of my favorite fall flavors in this healthy smoothie bowl recipe to keep it in season…. and might i also add that it’s still 80 degrees in georgia..?
very much still smoothie bowl season.
i’m super late to jump on the smoothie bowl bandwagon, but i always tend to be behind on the trends so what else is new? after tasting this i seriously regret not making one sooner! i guess i was a little scared to attempt one, not because of how complicated the recipes are (they’re not!), but because everyones always look SO beautiful.
blackberries have always been a favorite fruit of mine and they seemed like the perfect addition to sweeten up this bowl! purple is also my favorite color (as if you couldn’t tell from my blog, logo and the amount of purple hear emojis i send out in a day) so it seemed necessary my first smoothie bowl was purple 😉
this banana pumpkin smoothie bowl uses just five ingredients (excluding the toppings), is gluten-free and vegan friendly!
i used almond milk, protein powder (i like this brand), banana, blackberries and my secret ingredient… a shine organics fruit pouch. specifically the “calm” flavor cuz it has chia seeds, coconut, vanilla, pumpkin and all sorts of yummy fruits!
this recipe takes less than 30 minutes and is my new favorite way to start the morning. (heart eyes heart eyes heart eyes) i hope you all love it as much as i do! don’t forget to use this coupon to get $1 off a four pack at your local target 🙂
looking for other fall recipes? i gotchu.
- healthy carrot cake cupcakes
- pear, goat cheese & honey pecan crostini
- pear, pomegranate, pumpkin seed salad
- dark chocolate espresso peanut butter cups … okay so that one may not be “fall” but when are pb cups not in season??
- 1 packet shine organics (frozen)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder — i like this brand.
- 1/4 cup blackberries (frozen)
- 1 banana (frozen)
- freeze shine organics packet, blackberries and banana before hand.
- place all ingredients in your blender or food processor. i used a ninja food processor and 10/10 recommend it!
- pour into a bowl and top with whatever your heart desires!
toppings i used: natural peanut butter, banana, pistachios and dark chocolate. other suggestions: oats, chia seeds (love this brand!), any nut butter, coconut, purely elizabeth granola or more blackberries!