I am a lover of all things potato [ heart eyes ] and luckily potatoes aren’t too too bad for you. Twice baked potatoes have always been a favorite of mine. My mom likes to make them for the holidays because they are a little more work than just throwing plain potatoes in the oven. This is our healthier version of a not so healthy food.
Our version is essentially the same thing, but we swap for light sour cream and 2% cheese. We also don’t include bacon because neither of us eat it anyways.. and I don’t top mine with cheese either. These things are full of flavor! I hope y’all get a chance to make ’em 🙂
- 4 Medium-Large Baked Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (2% Milk)
- Bake potatoes as you would normally and let them stand for about 10 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop out all the pulp in a bowl leaving 1/4 inch potato shell.3. Add sour cream, garlic salt, 1/2 cup of cheese, and pepper. Mash the pulp with an electric mixer on low speed. 4. Beat until smooth. It will be a paste-like consistency. Pretty thick! You may add a little milk if you would like. Whatever you prefer 🙂 5. Divide the mashed potato mixture evenly among the potato shells.(I apologize for the poor picture quality.. I really need to invest in a nice camera..)
6. Bake, uncovered at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake for 2-3 more minutes.
What’s one of your holiday favorites!?