That one time I put cottage cheese in every meal I made ever? Yeah, cottage cheese is my love language.
Delicious, creamy, protein packed goodness, I love you.
Springtime, I also love you. Minus all the allergies attacking my face, I think it’s becoming my favorite season. Everyone’s got a little pep in their step and are finally coming out from hibernation.
Oh what’s that? I actually DO have neighbors?? Thank you for showing your face!
Sunny weather, cocktail dresses & fresh, crisp, clean foods – just yes to it all.
Spring time also meansss picnic dates galore. *happy dance*
I think I drive Michael insane because no matter what we are doing I always want to be outside. Working, reading, talking, eating, sitting, watching Netflix… just please let me frolic in the sun (!!!)
It’s a mood booster I promise.
With allllll that being said… I wanted to whip up the perfect little picnic meal for you guys.
FIT CHICK CHICKEN SALAD WUDDDPUPP!
I never realized how many people eat chicken salad until I started working at my desk job. The fridge has about 5 containers of different chicken salad all thrown around and to be honest… I kind of forgot chicken salad was even a thing?
- I didn’t grow up eating chicken salad
- The only time I saw chicken salad was in a nasty cafeteria at school, a gas station or in hospitals.
- It was always covered in mayo. NO THANKS.
Mayo is nasty mcnastyyyy.
But what’s not nasty mcnasty is cottage cheese & greek yogurt. The real MVPs of this recipe. And the real MVP of my Healthy Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Yes plz.
I jazzzzed up this recipe with honey soy nuts, granny smith apples, craisins, pecans ANDD yummy seasonings. All wrapped up in beautiful butter lettuce leaves.
Cuz lettuce wraps just screammmm spring and when you cut the carbs you can eat more of this savory & flavorful deliciousness. Which you will want to.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 6 Lettuce Wraps) :
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Large Granny Smith Apple Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tbsp Honey Soy Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Craisins
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Add shredded chicken, apples, pecans, honey soy nuts, and craisins to your bowl.
- Coat evenly with cottage cheese & greek yogurt.]
- Add S&P to taste, or any other spices you may like.
- Top lettuce leaves & enjoy!