Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are made with good-for-you ingredients like PB2 powdered peanut butter, organic chocolate cereal, and honey. Using just four ingredients, these no-bake PB2 Rice Krispies are ready in 30 minutes. This post was sponsored by PB2 Foods, but all opinions are my own.
Quick question: who didn’t love a good rice Krispie treat growing up? I’m sensing crickets going on right now because they are truly a classic.
My mom used to make them from scratch and they were a million times better than the store-bought ones, that’s for sure!
I decided to put a twist on the classic rice Krispie treat recipe and make them a bit more elevated. Naturally, this meant I had to turn them into chocolate peanut butter rice Krispie treats since chocolate and peanut butter is my love language after all — ha!
I didn’t stop there though…
There are a million recipes for peanut butter rice krispie treats on the web, but what makes this recipe special is that I used PB2 powdered peanut butter instead of traditional peanut butter!
If you’re unfamiliar with PB2, it’s powdered peanut butter made with roasted peanuts that are pressed to remove most of the natural oils. The result is a powdered peanut product that is packed with flavor but contains 90% less fat and 70% fewer calories than traditional peanut butter!
I use it every day in my morning oatmeal, in smoothies, and in my yogurt bowls.
PB2 is seriously so versatile. It’s an easy way to add the peanut butter flavor without packing in a lot of fat or calories while doing it!
PB2 Foods now has a line of products that contain the added benefits of probiotics as well and I’m living for it!
Chocolate PB2 Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients:
- PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Puffed Rice Cereal
Plus some chocolate chips and coconut oil if you want to add a chocolate drizzle like I did!
How To Make Chocolate PB2 Rice Krispie Treats:
- Line an 8×8 pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Mix PB2 and water until creamy.
- Combine peanut butter mixture, honey, and butter in a saucepot and heat on the stove at medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted and everything is combined evenly, pour chocolate rice cereal into the pot. Stir with a rubber spatula and coat cereal.
- Pour mixture into your 8×8 pan and press down until evenly dispersed. Cool in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve!
- Optional: melt chocolate chips and coconut oil and drizzle over bars. I also added a pb2 drizzle as well!
- Slice into bars and serve.
I can’t wait to hear how you all like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make them so I can share them to my stories!