This Gluten-Free, Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Sauce is creamy, flavorful and perfect by the spoonful! Add to your favorite pasta or pizza for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Vegan option is available as well!
Last week I shared my first ever pasta sauce recipe on Hello Spoonful with my Vegan Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce. It was a huge hit so I decided pasta sauces need to be a regular occurrence on the blog.
I came across Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce on Pinterest sometime last year but I was skeptical. I was also worried it would be too much work to make. Thankfully I was SO wrong.
I’m also thankful that cauliflower can be turned into virtually anything if you just believe. 😉
Cauliflower rice? Yep.
Cauliflower pizza? You got it.
Caulifower Buffalo Pasta Sauce? Be there in five!
Since we are in the thick of football season, I was reminded of how deep my love for buffalo chicken dip runs.
It’s creamy, cozy and downright delicious!
This reminder has me adding buffalo sauce to pretty much everything in sight.
Including this Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Sauce!
I decided to add this easy buffalo sauce to some chickpea pasta we had in our cabinet, but any pasta will do!
I love using bowties because they catch all the yummy sauce… and they’re cute. 😉
The chickpea pasta I used is packed with protein which makes it great for a meatless dinner option. I also frequently cook lentil pasta, black bean pasta, and other fun pasta varieties to switch it up.
You can, of course, go with some classic pasta as well. I just love getting in that extra protein and fiber when I can.
You can read more about why fiber and protein are essential to kill your cravings in my nutrition e-book!
For this Gluten-Free Cauliflower Buffalo Pasta Sauce you will need:
- Vegetable Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Butter (Olive oil or Vegan Butter will work, too!)
- Milk (Dairy-free milk can be subbed if vegan)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Frank’s Red Hot
You will also need a blender or food processor to mix your sauce. I used my ninja food processor and it worked great!
How to make Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Sauce:
- To prepare the cauliflower for your sauce, bring 6 cups of vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add your cauliflower, cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. You can check with your fork.
- Once your cauliflower is finished boiling, pour into a strainer and let it cool while you prepare the garlic.
- Add butter (or oil) to a saute pan and melt. Add your garlic to the melted butter and cook for a few minutes until your garlic is soft. Try not to brown your garlic as this can lead to a bitter taste.
- Add your cauliflower to a food processor or blender along with 1 cup vegetable broth, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic, butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Blend until smooth. Add more liquid (vegetable broth or milk) until you reach your desired texture. Add more hot sauce and seasonings to reach your desired taste.
- Serve hot over your favorite pasta! Or enjoy it by the spoonful. I won’t judge you!
I’m not going to lie. I legitimately was drinking the sauce as if it were soup. I really think this recipe can double as a soup recipe if you aren’t in the mood for pasta!
After all, soup is basically pureed vegetables and broth, right?
Let me know how you like this easy buffalo sauce recipe by dropping a comment below!
Don’t forget to post your recipe creations to your stories on Instagram and tag me so I can re-post them to my stories. 🙂
PIN ME FOR LATER