Creamy, Vegan Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce is the ultimate healthy comfort food. Packed with flavor & nutrients, enjoy over your favorite pasta dish! Not in the mood for pasta? Try adding more liquid and enjoying this recipe as a soup!
Y’all. I am SHOOK over this recipe. I’ve been eating this sweet potato sauce by the spoonful and finished the whole batch by myself in three days.
I’m not sure if I should be embarrassed or proud? Haha.
This season I have been sharing all the sweet treats (see: Vegan Cinnamon Apple Blondies, Vegan Cinnamon Roll Muffins, Soft-Baked Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies, and Oatmeal White Chocolate Cranberry Bars), so it’s about time I shared a savory recipe. Am I right!?
No better way to kick off this cooler weather than with some creamy, vegan sweet potato pasta sauce! (That can double as a soup!)
This recipe seriously could not be any easier. I created two major short-cuts so you can enjoy this creamy goodness almost instantly!
How did I make this happen?
First, instead of baking my sweet potato I microwaved it. If you’re not a fan of the microwave you can totally prep your potatoes the day before!
Secondly, I use cashew butter instead of soaking cashews and preparing them myself.
These two hacks make this vegan sweet potato pasta sauce come together in under 30 minutes! A dream come true. 🙂
We already had some lentil and brown rice pasta on hand, so that was my pasta of choice. Feel free to use whatever type of noodles you prefer!
Next time I plan on using some rigatoni, penne or fusilli to catch all that good sauce even better!
We also kept this dish very plain and didn’t add any vegetables. I wanted to really load up on the sweet potato sauce and not have anything get in the way; however, I can only imagine how delicious some mushrooms or roasted red peppers would be mixed in!
Ingredients For This Healthy, Vegan Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce:
- Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil (or Avocado Oil)
- Diced Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Cashew Butter
- Nutritional Yeast
- Water or Dairy-Free Milk
Head to my shop page for my favorite brands, cooking utensils and more!
How To Make This Creamy, Vegan Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce Recipe:
- Prepare your sweet potato by either baking it in the oven or cooking in the microwave. I prepared mine in the microwave by pricking it with a fork a few times and cooking on high for 7 minutes. You can bake in the oven at 425 for 50-60 minutes, but who wants to wait that long!?
- Add your olive oil to a pan and sautee your onion for about 5 minutes or until they are translucent. Add your garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove your onion and garlic mixture from the pan and add it to a blender or food processor. Add your sweet potato, cashew butter, nutritional yeast, seasoned salt, pepper, and water as well. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add more water (or dairy-free milk) until you reach your desired consistency. Adjust seasonings to your liking as well.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Not in the mood for pasta? Try adding more liquid and enjoying this recipe as a soup! Seriously delicious.
I hope you all enjoy this easy pasta recipe! It’s the ultimate healthy comfort food and guaranteed to hit the spot every time!
Can’t make this recipe today? No worries!
PIN IT FOR LATER!