Healthy pea guacamole is a delicious low-fat guacamole recipe packed with nutrients from sweet peas, lime juice, avocado, and other clean ingredients. Simple Truth Organic sweet peas add the perfect flavor to this quick and easy pea guacamole. This recipe was made in partnership with Kroger, but all opinions are my own.
It’s no secret I’m a pea fanatic. Specifically a sweet pea fanatic.
It only made sense that this super easy and healthy pea guacamole would be next, right!?
This simple pea guacamole is not only incredibly easy to make, but it also offers more nutrients and less fat than traditional guacamole.
What are the health benefits of peas?
Peas contain many essential vitamins and minerals that the body requires. Green peas are not high in calories but they are high in protein when compared to other vegetables such as carrots.
In addition, peas are a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, iron, folate, thiamin, Vitamin C and manganese.
They also have a high level of Vitamin K.
What goes with guacamole instead of chips?
If you’re anything like me, you can’t just eat one or two tortilla chips. It’s all or nothing with those crunchy, salty addicting things.
Instead of going crazy on tortilla chips, try dipping these foods into your pea guacamole for a change!
- Veggies such as cucumbers, baby carrots, celery sticks, cauliflower, broccoli, julienne bell peppers, jicama sticks, and grape tomatoes make an array of healthy guacamole dippers.
- Sometimes you still need that crunch factor, though. Instead of chips, pick up a bag of pretzels, mini rice cakes, croutons, bread cubes or pita chips.
- Looking for an extra protein boost? Simply roll up sliced deli meats into log shapes and enjoy them as guacamole dippers.
Don’t feel limited to treating guacamole as an appetizer, though. It also makes a fabulous condiment or sauce for any entree!
10 ways to serve sweet pea guacamole instead of as a dip!
- On toast with a fried egg or scrambled eggs.
- Add it to your burger! I love guacamole on a chicken or turkey burger the best. It’s also fabulous on a black bean burger.
- As a salad “dressing”. I love making vegan breakfast burrito bowls and using guac and salsa as my dressing instead of a traditional salad dressing.
- On a loaded veggie sandwich with sprouts and sweet potato.
- In a wrap or pita with grilled chicken, tomato, and lettuce.
- On a bagel with smoked salmon instead of cream cheese to have a dairy-free lox.
- On top of seared salmon.
- Served as guacamole deviled eggs!
- On a flatbread topped with corn, bacon, black beans, and a cream sauce. AKA guacamole pizza!
- In your grilled cheese.
I truly believe you can add this healthy pea guacamole to anything you want and it will taste delicious!
What you need to make this easy and healthy pea guacamole:
- Simple Truth Organics Frozen Sweet Peas
- Salt & Pepper
- Private Selections Cucumbers (for dipping)
I found all of these ingredients at Kroger. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I shop at Kroger at LEAST twice a week.
I’m a huge fan of two specific brands they carry. One being Simple Truth Organics and the other being Private Selections. I love how affordable and accessible Kroger is.
It’s perfect for anyone trying to eat healthy on a budget, but also wants quality food and ingredients!
You can check out some other products from Kroger I love in my YouTube video!
I cannot get over how fresh and delicious this simple pea guacamole tastes. Also, can we talk about that gorgeous color!?
Try serving this low-fat guacamole at your next party, gathering, or pot-luck.
This green pea guacamole is also perfect for Spring! I’m excited to serve it for St. Patricks Day as well as Easter Sunday.
As always, be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make this recipe or any of my recipes!
No time to make this right now? Bookmark it or pin it for later!