Spicy Baked Chicken is an easy, healthy weeknight dinner idea for every person in the family! Slightly sweet with a kick of spice — meet your new favorite chicken recipe!
Meet your new BFF: Spicy Baked Chicken
(P.S. Go to my stories on instagram and watch me make this recipe!)
Raise your hand if you could use a little SPICE in yo LIFE !
That’s exactly how I feel about 2018 — It’s already been filled with so much spice + excitement! I have a lot of fun things going on behind the scenes of Hello Spoonful that I can’t wait to share!
One being a collaboration with Le Creuset + their new line of nonstick cookware.
I’ll actually be hosting a GIVEAWAY with them very soon. EEK. Head over to my instagram and make sure you’re following along so you can enter to win cookware from their new line!
I’ve also been dreaming up tons of fun recipes for the blog, updating my shop page so you all can use the exact same equipment I use for HS (specifically this portable photo studio that has been a game changer for me and my lighting!), conducting more interviews + working on some ATL specific things 😎
NOW, LET’S GET TO THIS SPICY BAKED CHICKEN
(P.S. YOU CAN Go to my stories on instagram and watch me make this recipe!)
What more could you ask for in a weeknight chicken dinner recipe? You all LOVE my honey garlic slow-cooker chicken, so it definitely was time for another chicken dish!
I was very excited to put this recipe together because Michael loves spicy recipes and I’d yet to create one! We’d been eating a lot of creamy lentil pasta and black bean burgers around the apartment, so it was definitely time to mix it up!
I love this chicken recipe because you can adjust the spice level. I don’t like mine super hot like Michael does, and since most of the heat comes from the crushed red pepper/hot sauce, you can just add more accordingly!
For this spicy chicken recipe you will need:
- Frank’s hot sauce
- Brown sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), plain olive oil or avocado oil
- Minced garlic
- Fresh Ginger
- Soy Sauce
- and chicken of course!
Do you like to meal prep for the week? This recipe is perfect for meal prepping and repurposing leftovers.
Repurposing leftovers is a great way to make your leftovers feel brand new! For example, we served our spicy baked chicken on top of cauliflower rice with some roasted broccoli and nutritional yeast! You can read all about the health benefits of nutritional yeast in this post.
You could take the chicken leftovers and put them in tortillas with guac, black beans and corn to make tacos the next day! This spicy baked chicken tastes great on salads, in wraps, topped on pizza or on its own.
Your options are endless!
I hope you all will take the time to make this delicious spicy chicken recipe!
Tag me in your photos on instagram & don’t forget to pin this recipe for later 🙂
Spicy Baked Chicken - Healthy Firecracker Chicken Recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade until smooth and allow to marinate chicken in this mixture for 1 hour minimum in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, bring chicken at room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425°F (200°C).
- Transfer chicken and a bit of sauce to a baking dish or roasting pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425°F (200°C) for 25-30 minutes, basting with marinade from time to time, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile reduce the remaining marinade a little bit in a saucepan on the stove while chicken is cooking, then drizzle the reduced sauce over cooked chicken and toss before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired, and serve immediately.