This Honey Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Apples recipe is ready in 30 minutes, made using four simple ingredients, and is the perfect side to any meal! Enjoy this quick and easy recipe at your next family gathering or potluck. This post was sponsored by Minerva Dairy but all opinions are my own.
Fall is officially HERE which means bring on all the fall flavors and produce! To ring in this new season, it seemed appropriate to combine two of my favorite foods. Enter: brussel sprouts and apples!
However, if we’re being completely honest, I’m down for brussel sprouts and apples year round. I feel that way about most foods I love… just check this post for example. Ha!
Growing up, I hated brussel sprouts with a burning passion. Turns out I only felt that way because the only way my mom cooked them was steamed. No offense to her, but those mushy brussel sprouts just weren’t the most appetizing.
I introduced her to roasted brussel sprouts a few years ago and she was mind blown! As she should be. Who knew a veggie could taste so incredible with just a simple change in cooking technique!?
Now I’m going to have to teach her how to make these Honey Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Apples because, dang!
I mean, WOW. Just four simple ingredients and thirty minutes is all it takes and you’re in heaven!
If 12 year old Elizabeth heard me refer to brussel sprouts as heaven, she would think I went crazy.
What makes this recipe truly special is the super creamy butter I used from Minerva Dairy.
What I love about Minerva Dairy is:
- The flavor… DUH.
- The butter comes from pasture-raised cows.
- Meaning, their family farms allow their dairy cows to roam and eat fresh grass in the pastures. Their cows are not confined to a barn, but are allowed to lay in the pastures and take in the fresh air whenever they like.
- Pasture-raised cows consume more omega-3s and less omega-6s as a result of their time spent in the pasture and diet of pasture grass. This difference in their diet produces a milk that contains 62% higher proportions of omega-3s than conventional milk.
- It’s slow-churned and made in small batches.
- Making butter in smaller batches and churning it slowly results in a thicker, creamier, and richer butter than that made in high-volume factories where speed pumps trap air in the butter. When air is trapped in the butter, it loses texture and flavor. By making theirs in smaller batches and churning it slowly, they maintain that flavor and texture making a higher quality product.
You can seriously tell a difference with their butter and I’m never going back to anything else!
For The Honey Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Apples You Will Need:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Minerva Dairy Butter
That’s it! Well, and a mixing bowl, baking pan and a little salt and pepper.
Head to my amazon shop page for my favorite cooking gadgets, ingredients, and more!
How To Make Honey Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Apple
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Cut your brussel sprouts in half and dice your apple.
- Place all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl and coat evenly with butter and honey mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Optional: Broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to make them extra crispy.
This recipe truly couldn’t be more simple, or taste any more incredible! The sweetness from the apples and honey combined with the savory butter is to die for. Not to mention the texture from the crispy brussels!
I can’t wait to hear what you all think of this four-ingredient recipe that’s perfect for fall and winter! I will definitely be bringing these to all my Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving and every holiday party!