This Healthy Raspberry Chia Seed Lemonade Slushie is the perfect guilt-free summer treat and packed with nutrients. Feel refreshed, hydrated and satisfy your sweet tooth craving all at once with this easy summer slushie recipe! This recipe was made in partnership with Southern Breeze Sweet Tea, but all opinions are my own 🙂
I have a confession…
i used to be 100% addicted to…
sonic slushies — GAG (!!!)
But let’s be real, who WASN’T obsessed with sonic happy hour in high school?
This was wayyyy before I was concerned with health + wellness, so a 1/2 price sugar bomb with free refills got all the praise hands from me.
Flash forward to 2018 and I don’t think I’d be caught dead ordering one of those — unless it was for michael haha 😉
Since you all know my specialty is healthy modifications (so you can honor your cravings and don’t have to sacrifice your favorite treats!!) For this sweet tea recipe, I teamed up with Southern Breeze Sweet Tea o bring you this upgraded + healthified sonic lemonade slushie!
First, let’s talk about the tea:
- Southern Breeze Sweet Tea is pre-sweetened tea bag made from 100% real tea leaves + a zero calorie sweetener
- It’s made in single serve packets + all you have to do is pour 8oz of water over the tea bagand let it steep for 5 mins!
- They’re single-serving tea bags so their easy for on the go or to take to work/on trips
- & all of the zero calorie Southern Breeze products (cold brew and family size tea bags) are available on their site.
SO, what makes this Raspberry Lemonade Slushie healthy?
Fresh Lemon Juice: if you follow me on instagram, you KNOW how obsessed with lemons i am! they improve digestion + citric acid in lemons combines with other acids and enzymes in the digestive system, stimulating stomach juices and improving digestive function.
Chia Seeds: good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium.
Coconut Water: hydrating and high in potassium.
How do I make it!?
- Steep your tea for five minutes
- pour into an ice tray
- Freeze your Ice cubes over night
- & toss the ingredients into your blender!
What do I need?
I love to garnish mine with lemon slices, coconut flakes, chia seeds + extra raspberry tea ice cubes!
& don’t forget to enter for a chance to win a picnic basket with all the fixin’s.. aka a basket, picnic blanket, table cloth, mason jars, and of course, the full line up of zero calorie Southern Breeze cold brew.