This Sweet Potato Banana Bread recipe is healthy, easy and the perfect amount of sweetness. Moist, great for on-the-go, kid-friendly and mom approved!
Man oh man this recipe is LONG overdue. i’m giving myself permission since the holidays are so chaotic and whatnot. normally i wouldn’t use that as an excuse but, michael says i need to “give myself more grace” and “go easier on myself”, so, here I am.
PLUS, banana bread is delicious year round if you ask me, so it’s always appropriate to be sharing a recipe like this 😍
ANWAYS — happy 2018 friends!!
Did you all decide to do the whole resolution thing? I wrote down some January intentions instead. I find that I’m more successful if i focus on one thing at a time. Plus, by saying it’s just for January, it seems much more achievable.
some of my intentions are:
- get myself on a sleep schedule (you can read what bedtime routine works for me in this post + some more sleep tips in the comments here )
- prioritize people, relationships + connection in my life. this one’s REALLY hard for me.
- make myself GET OUT more. i hang out at my apartment wayyy too much since i work from home. even just making myself go to a coffee shop is a tall task.. pretty pathetic right?
- define my mission/objective with my business. i will always always always love food, fitness and nutrition, but i have some BIGGER ideas that i want to intertwine with it that need some thought. HINT: some were discussed in Why I Broke Up With My Fitbit!
- switch up my workouts! i wrote a post on the 7 benefits of female weight training and also interviewed samantha bowers of the fit brunette – both of these posts have inspired me to be more intentional about lifting weights and switching things up.
What are YOUR January intentions? Comment on my latest instagram and lemme know!
NOW, onto this healthy sweet potato banana bread recipe..
I shared this post on my instagram a while back and it got an amazing reaction. anything that includes sweet potatoes gets a positive reaction out of me. They’re just SO good! And have lots of health benefits that you can read about here.
I turned this sweet potato banana bread healthy by using:
- greek yogurt instead of oil,
- egg whites instead of eggs,
- coconut oil instead of vegetable oil andddd
- lots of spices to help balance your blood sugar!
Really ALL of the ingredients in this sweet potato banana bread are whole, clean and delicious! (With the exception of brown sugar! But hey, 9/10 ain’t bad, right?)
you’re one hour away from pure sweet potato banana bread HEAVEN.
i hope you all LOVE this ooey, gooey, delicious, healthy recipe as much as me and michael’s whole office did! 😂