Asian Chicken Meatballs are an easy healthy appetizer or dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes and covered in a homemade glaze.
When the craving hits for Asian inspired food I know you will be digging out these chicken meatballs. Like I said they make a great easy weeknight dinner, but also a really good appetizer that feeds a lot of people.
Meatballs are one of my favorites to make because they can be made from a variety of different ingredients and depending on what type of sauce or glaze you use you never have to eat the same kind twice if you don’t want to.
Asian Chicken Meatballs Ingredients
Ingredients for the Glaze
How to Make Asian Glaze Chicken Meatballs
Prep your baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Combine all of the chicken meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Using your hands works the best to make sure all ingredients are distributed evenly.
Pinch off some of the chicken mixture and roll into a ball, then place it on the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the meatballs have been made. To make it easier you can use a cookie scoop. Also, be sure to leave a little space between each one.
Bake for about 20 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked and browned on the outside. Depending on how hot your cooks, you might want to flip them halfway through.
Whisk together all of the honey glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Continue stirring until the sauce has thicken then reduce the heat.
Stir the glaze occasionally until the meatballs are finished.
Pour the sauce over the meatballs on the baking sheet and make sure each one is covered. You can also transfer them to a bowl and toss to coat.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, then serve!
What Should I Serve Asian Meatballs With?
These go great with veggies and rice if you choose to serve it as a main course meal. If you are making these for appetizers, the options are endless!
Can You Freeze Meatballs?
Yes, and this is a great way to prepare ahead of time!
Once the meatballs have cooled completely, place them in the freezer while they are still on the baking sheet for about 30 minutes.
Take them out of the freezer and transfer them to a freezer safe bag or container.
I would recommend waiting to add the sauce until you are ready to serve. To reheat you can let them thaw or place them on a baking sheet frozen, the cook until they are warmed all the way through.
Who’s ready to make the best chicken meatballs? While you’re waiting in the kitchen, come hang with me on Instagram and let me know what you got cooking!
More Healthy Chicken Recipes:
- Thai Cashew Chicken
- The BEST Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner (Instant Pot Option Included)
- 30 Minute Healthy Thai Chicken Curry and Vegetables
Asian Chicken Meatballs
For the Glaze:
- Green onion
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Mix very well!
- Form the mixture into ~24 meatballs and place on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are slightly browned on the outside and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking until the sauce begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk occasionally until the meatballs are ready.
- Pour the glaze over the meatballs on the baking sheet and toss to coat.
- Serve meatballs as an appetizer or as a meal with rice and vegetables!