Healthy pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal muffins are made with whole, clean ingredients and packed with nutrients. Topped with cinnamon oatmeal streusel, they’re the perfect breakfast to-go, snack or sweet treat!
Happy Tuesday lovely people!
If you follow along on instagram, you’ve probably seen me baking non-stop. Not sure what got into me… but I was feeling the sweets for sure.
I was playing around with some ideas and finally decided to jump on the pumpkin bandwagon and make some killer healthy pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal muffins.
My favorite thing to do is make healthy modifications for what are normally pretty unhealthy recipes. I don’t think anyone should have to sacrifice on flavor or cut out a food just because it’s seen as “off-limits” to them. I used to put foods into a “good” or “bad” category but there’s truly no such thing. Intuitive eating is the way! But that’s a post for another day 🙂
Today is all about these healthy pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal muffins with a cinnamon streusel topping because it’s fall and muffins make me happy!
Michael is my official taste-tester and since moving to Atlanta, his whole work office has become my taste-testers… (no pressure!!) I’m happy to report they 100% approve of this healthy recipe.
( And we’re talking about a bunch of guys here, so that’s saying something 😉 )
He took them into work and said they were gone in 15 minutes — I am now known as the muffin girl, but i’m OK with that! I mean, really, it could be a lot worse.
I made these pumpkin muffins using a boxed spice cake mix, but definitely turned it into my own with a list of other ingredients. I grew up on boxed cake mixes and never saw the harm — just be sure you check the ingredients first! Arrowhead Mills has some great mixes that I often use.
These pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal muffins are made with whole, clean ingredients and packed with nutrients.
Like this recipe? Then you’ll also love:
- Healthy Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Healthy Strawberry Oat Bars
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Peanut Butter Cups
SHOP THE POST:
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins:
- Spice Cake Mix
- 15oz Can of pumpkin
- 1/4 Cup egg whites
- 1/4 Cup almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Calm Shine Organics Pouch
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
Cinnamon Oatmeal Streusel:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl (pumpkin, egg whites, milk, shine organics pouch
- Combine cake mix and cinnamon in a separate bowl
- Fold the wet and dry ingredients into each other without over mixing
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Divide batter evenly among muffin pan — set aside
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl for the streusel
- Dice up your butter into small pieces and mix into dry oat mixture
- Top muffins with streusel and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserted in to the muffin!