Homemade peanut butter cups made with dark chocolate espresso beans & coconut oil make for a healthy clean eating dessert or snack. Enjoy this gluten-free, 3-ingredient recipe for an afternoon treat or clean eating dessert.
Reese’s peanut butter cups were by far my favorite candy growing up and still are today. Anyone else love easter because of Reese’s peanut butter eggs!? they’re filled with twice the peanut butter and that’s my kinda ratio.
I’d also splurge on white chocolate Reese’s cups and a big glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk at nigh & I may or may not sneak them into the movie theater…
I’ve been wanting some healthy chocolate desserts around the apartment and since we have a limited budget I knew it had to be with the few ingredients we already had. atlanta also got hit with a tropical storm from hurricane Irma while I was making these so I wasn’t gonna risk a grocery run in that weather.
I can always count on us having peanut butter in the cupboard, and just in case the power went out, I wanted a no-bake dessert… homemade peanut butter cups were the obvious solution 🙂
These peanut butter cups call for just THREE ingredients!
They are also a healthy alternative to traditional Reese’s peanut butter cups. you’re less than 30 minutes away from satisfying your chocolate cravings & no oven required 🙂
I was able to use some dark chocolate espresso beans we already had, but you can definitely grind plain dark chocolate chips or squares and espresso beans together in your food processor to get the same outcome 🙂
If I were doing them separately, I’d use something simple like Ghirardelli dark chocolate, or toll house dark chocolate chips. For the coconut oil, I used Sunfood superfoods — their products are raw, organic, non-GMO, vegan, and the best ingredients.
- Food Processor — I have the biiiig ninja set but I found a slightly smaller and less expensive version for y’all!
- 12 or 24 cup Muffin Pan — I also love the silicon muffin pans for this dessert
- Cupcake Liners — you can find reusable ones here
- measure out 1 cup dark chocolate espresso beans
- pour into ninja/food processor and blend until the beans are the consistency you want
- put chocolate espresso beans and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl
- microwave on high for no more than 30 seconds at a time & stirring in between
- line your muffin pan with cupcake liners
- pour the chocolate into liner until the bottom is completely covered with chocolate
- freeze for 10-15 minutes
- place a dollop of peanut butter on top of the chocolate and put in the freezer for another 5 minutes
- pour the remaining chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter and place in freezer
- remove peanut butter cups from liners and voila!
looking for more heathy desserts? Check these out:
This post contains affiliate links. if you choose to purchase through my link, I will receive a portion of the payment. thank you for helping me keep this blog up and running that I love oh so much!