strawberry oatmeal bars are the perfect healthy snack and kid-approved! this strawberry oatmeal breakfast bar recipe makes for a quick breakfast on the go, or a healthy dessert.
Healthy. Strawberry. Yogurt. Oatmeal. Crumble. Bars. (!!!)
Guysssss… I am legit about to make each and every one of you fall in love with me via this recipe — GAHHH.
But before we discuss this healthy strawberry yogurt recipe, let’s talk about muffins for a second. Random, no? OK. Everyone knows the BEST part of a muffin is the streusel topping that covers every ooey gooey cakey muffin. I’m completely guilty of taking off the top of a muffin and only eating that part.
(Side note: Turns out there’s a thing called “muffies” that are exactly that. GENIUS.)
So, for this easy strawberry oat bar recipe I basically took your favorite part and baked it into an addictive, sweet & tangy strawberry breakfast bar. Oh and it’s healthy(ish) cuz I used Annie’s Organic whole milk strawberry yogurt *hear eyes*
Y’all already know how I love swapping out oil with yogurt in my recipes to make them healthier (Carrot Cake Muffins, Chicken Salad, Skinny French Onion Dip, Twice-Baked Potatoes.. ETC)
So, when Annie’s approached me about this post I was like UMM is that even a question!?
This healthy oat bar recipe is extra wonderful because you can use either one of their new flavors (Summer Strawberry & Berry Patch) and they’ll turn out equally mouthwatering.
As a health nut I adore this stuff because:
- It’s made with organic whole milk and organic fruit
- No artificial flavors, synthetic colors or preservatives
- No antibiotics or synthetic hormones
- Anddd each 4-ounce serving contains 100 calories, 4 grams of protein and 3 grams of fat.
YUP. Love it.
Recipe details? Glad you asked…
- ¾ Cup Annie’s Strawberry (or Mixed Berry)Yogurt
- 1 Cup + 3 T all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup quick cooking oats
- ½ Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ Cup apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp Almond Milk (or Skim Milk)
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 Large Egg white
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F & Lightly coat an 9×9-in rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon & baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, apple sauce and milk. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture & stir until crumbly. (Reserve ½ Cup of mixture for later)
- Press the rest of mixture evenly into your pan to create the crust.
- Whisk Annie’s Yogurt, sugar, 3 Tbsp flour and egg white in a medium bowl. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour evenly over the crust & sprinkle reserved oat mixture on top.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool completely and slice into bars.
This post was sponsored by Annie’s Yogurt but all opinions are my own.
+ #ChooseGood #Annies