High-Protein and Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms are made by replacing flour with protein powder. Made in just one bowl with simple, good-for-you ingredients, these healthy Hershey’s kiss cookies are ready in no-time.
Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. Anyone that argues this is simply just not right.
I will stand by that statement until the day I die.
The only way to make peanut butter and chocolate cookies even more impressive? Turn them into healthy, high-protein cookies that are both doughy, delicious and gluten-free.
Have I piqued your interest yet? 😉
What Makes These Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms Healthy?
The term “healthy” is highly subjective, but to me, healthy means using ingredients that I can pronounce while also offering nutritional value.
In my practice, I focus on PFFP. PFFP stands for protein, healthy fat, fiber, and phytonutrients.
These are the key nutrients to turn off your hunger hormones and keep your blood sugar levels stable.
I break this down in great detail in my e-book, Redefining Wellness.
These healthy peanut butter kiss cookies follow PFFP by:
- Replacing flour with protein powder. You’re getting in an extra protein boost with each bite!
- Replacing one egg with a “flax egg”. A flax egg is made from ground flaxseed meal. The flaxseed adds fiber to the cookies.
- Using peanut butter as the base. Peanut butter is full of healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied.
But all this health talk aside… these cookies are just downright delicious. The fact they are healthy is just a bonus!
Can I Swap Any Ingredients in These Healthy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms?
I have only made the recipe as listed; however, I am confident you can make the following swaps:
- Swap out the peanut butter for any of your favorite nut or seed butter.
- If you don’t have coconut sugar on hand, brown sugar will work fine.
- I used flavorless collagen protein powder for this recipe, but you can swap out the collagen for any of your favorite protein powders or flavors.
- If you REALLY want to go heavy on the peanut butter, swap out a Hershey’s kiss for a peanut butter cup!
Let me know if you make any changes to this recipe and how they turn out so I can add them to my list for future readers!
For these High-Protein, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms You Will Need:
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut Sugar
- Collagen protein powder (I used this flavorless one)
- Ground flaxseed meal
- Vanilla Extract
- Hershey’s Kisses
You will also need wax paper, a baking sheet, a mixing bowl, a large spoon, and a cooling rack.
You can head to my amazon shop page for my favorite brands to bake with as well as my favorite cooking gadgets!
Personally, we love to store these cookies in an airtight storage container in the fridge and eat them cold!
More peanut butter recipes you will love:
- Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies AKA The Only Cookie Recipe You Need
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls | No-Bake, Flourless + Gluten-Free
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Muffins | Clean Ingredient, Simple Muffin Recipe
Let me know what you all think about these easy and healthy peanut butter blossoms!
Tag me on Instagram when you make them so I can share your posts to my stories. 🙂