Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins couldn’t be tastier or easier to make! This recipe uses just one bowl for easy cleanup and simple ingredients you can feel good about. Enjoy these easy, fluffy muffins for breakfast or a snack.
I have a decent amount of pumpkin recipes on my site, but while I was scrolling through my recipe archives I realized I was missing a simple, classic pumpkin muffin recipe! I have these Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (wow, try to say that five times fast!), No-Bake Pumpkin Protein Balls, Soft-Baked Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, and Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread, but no recipe for classic pumpkin muffins!
I feel like an imposter since I like to consider myself a muffin connoisseur.
These healthy chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are fluffy, moist, flavorful, made with just one-bowl for easy clean-up, and use simple ingredients!
What more could you ask for?
For the Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins You Will Need:
- Canned Pumpkin
- Whole Wheat Flour
- All-Purpose Flour
- Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil
- Apple Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips
I prefer using this whole wheat pastry flour for baking because I find it yields the best results. Baking with whole wheat flour can be tricky, but you can read my tips for creating moist whole wheat flour recipes in this post!
I have only made this recipe using the ingredients listed above, but if you make these healthy pumpkin muffins with any swaps to fit a certain diet please let me know! I’d love to add the adjustments for future readers.
How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray, or line with muffin liners. I also sprayed my muffin liners with oil.
- Mix eggs, avocado oil, maple syrup, applesauce, and pumpkin puree in your mixer until combined.
- Add your dry ingredients to the bowl (everything except your chocolate chips).
- Once the batter is combined (do not over-mix!), fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Scoop out the batter with a mashed potato scoop (or spoon), filling each cup 2/3 full. I filled mine about 3/4 full and ended up making 10 muffins. Bake for 16-18 minutes. Enjoy!
I recommend using a mashed potato scoop to spoon out your batter into the muffin liners! This is a tip I saw on Instagram, and it’s been so helpful.
I usually create a mess while spooning the batter into the muffin tin, but the mashed potato scoop keeps everything nice a clean.
Another baking tip is to spray your measuring cup with oil before measuring out your maple syrup. I do this when measuring out any “sticky” ingredients. The oil helps syrups, honey, nut butter, and any other sticky ingredients come right out of the measuring cup!
I hope you all enjoy this classic, healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe!
If you make this recipe, please share it on Instagram and tag me in your posts so I can see it! I love sharing your creations to my stories.
No time to make these muffins right now? No worries!