This Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner cooks in 20 minutes and has all the flavors of your favorite stir-fry! Serve this healthy one-pan recipe with a side of rice (or cauliflower rice!) for a simple and delicious weeknight meal. Instant pot instructions included!
Stir-fries are truly the MVP of easy weeknight dinner recipes.
They’re quick, easy, versatile, and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand.
This simple and healthy Asian sheet pan chicken only takes 20 minutes to cook so not only will you have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes, but the clean-up is also minimal!
Ingredients for Healthy Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
As I mentioned before, stir-fries are extremely versatile. See below for the list of ingredients I used as well as easy swaps to make this recipe your own!
- Chicken — If you’re not a fan of chicken, try using shrimp or tofu instead! I used boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. If you love shrimp, check out my 15-Minute Lazy Girl Shrimp Stir-Fry!
- Vegetables — Crunched for time? Grab a bag of your favorite stir-fry vegetable at the grocery store instead of chopping your own. I used bell peppers, broccoli, and onion. Snap peas, water chestnuts, and mushrooms are also a great addition to this sweet and spicy Asian chicken dinner.
- Soy Sauce — If you are gluten-free or celiac, feel free to swap for tamari or coconut aminos. I used low-sodium soy sauce.
- Chili Garlic Sauce — I love the flavor chili garlic sauce adds. It packs a punch on its own but adds just the right amount of heat in this stir fry sauce. If you like things extra spicy, try doubling the amount. If you don’t have chili sauce, use sriracha instead!
- Honey — Honey adds the perfect touch of sweetness in this recipe. I haven’t tried any other swaps, but if you do, please comment below so others can see!
- Garlic — I use pre-minced garlic, but you can definitely chop your own and use fresh garlic. I am too lazy when it comes to garlic!
- Ground Ginger — Ginger adds a beautiful warmth to Asian dishes. Feel free to use fresh ginger if you have some on hand!
- Tahini — Tahini adds a delicious, nutty, sesame flavor to this sweet and spicy stir-fry. If you don’t have tahini on hand, try using sesame oil instead. This is my personal favorite tahini to use.
How to make Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
This simple and healthy Asian chicken recipe is perfect for college kids, busy moms, or meal prep. All you have to do is add the ingredients to your pan and let it bake!
See the full steps below:
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cube the chicken breasts.
- Chop vegetables (or open pre-chopped veggies) and set aside.
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce, garlic, ginger, and tahini to make the sweet and spicy sauce.
- Place chicken and vegetables on the lined baking pan and pour sauce on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice and enjoy!
How to make healthy sweet and spicy Asian chicken in the Instant Pot
If you have an instant pot then you’re in luck because this sweet and spicy chicken can also be made in the pressure cooker.
- Wash and cube the chicken breasts. Add the chicken to the Instant Pot. Whisk together the remaining ingredients to create the sweet and spicy Asian sauce and pour over chicken.
- Give the ingredients a quick mix, then cover the pot with the lid, and make sure that the valve is in sealing position. Cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure, and count down to When it beeps, quickly release the steam.
- Carefully open the lid, and press SAUTE. Set for 5 minutes. Add the honey and tahini, and stir.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with veggies and rice.
What about the vegetables?
When it comes to the vegetables in this recipe, you have two options.
- Add them after step five, close the lid, and let them steam for 15 minutes,
- Sautee them on a skillet and add them to the instant pot once your chicken is done. Stir to coat with sauce and combine with chicken.
PIN ME FOR LATER
I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy recipe! Be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make this recipe or any of my other recipes!