Loaded peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies are thick, chocolatey and bursting with peanut butter. Believe me when I say this is the only cookie recipe you need in your life. These cookies are made healthier with greek yogurt, coconut sugar and whole wheat flour.
If you’re wondering “Did the world REALLY needed another cookie recipe?”… the answer is YES.
And you’re about to understand why after you make these super thick peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies.
This weekend I went to visit a friend in Birmingham. We stopped by a little cookie shop before dinner at Real & Rosemary (My favorite!! Head to my highlights to see where else I like to eat in Birmingham :)) called Cookie-Fix. They have the most epic cookies that are THICK as can be. Definitely my kinda cookie.
Maybe that’s a little dramatic.. but you get the point. I like my cookies big, fat and loaded with the goods.
I’m realizing that most of my breakfasts and desserts are some variation of oats, chocolate and peanut butter. Do I plan to stop anytime soon? Absolutely not.
Especially when recipes like this one keep appearing out of nowhere!
Michael has been begging me to make a “non-healthy” recipe, but to be honest I still snuck in a few healthy swaps.
For the swaps I used:
- Half butter, half whole milk greek yogurt
- Half all-purpose flour, half whole wheat flour
- Half granulated sugar, half coconut sugar
Pretty sure he didn’t notice because he ate them up REAL fast.
Be sure to read the additional notes on how to bake these peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies! There are a couple things you need to know before you get baking 😉
& let me know what you think of this recipe over on my instagram! I love when you all tag me in your creations 🙂
[ PIN ME FOR LATER ]
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies AKA The Only Oatmeal Cookie Recipe You Need
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter Softened to room temp
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 eggs Large, room temperature
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter Use a non-natural peanut butter for this recipe -- oily peanut butter will produce a crumbly cookie
- 2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Old-fashioned Oats
- 2 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Whisk the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, peanut butter, greek yogurt, and vanilla and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the oats. Once combined, beat in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill the dough for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator. If chilled longer than one hour you will need to let it sit at room temperature a bit before scooping cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Scoop balls of dough, 2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie, and arrange 3 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.