Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies are chocolatey, moist, cakey and filled with oats making them the perfect breakfast treat or healthy dessert option. Enjoy for an afternoon snack or late-night treat, too!
I am genuinely upset at myself for how long I’ve held onto this recipe before getting it up on the blog! I brought these sweet potato breakfast cookies into work with me and heard from multiple co-workers that it was there favorite treat I’ve brought in thus far!
I teased this recipe on my Instagram a few weeks ago, and a lot of my followers guessed that pumpkin was the secret ingredient, but it’s actually sweet potato!
I’m no stranger to baking with sweet potato (see these Fudgy, Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies, Dark Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Muffins or my Sweet Potato Banana Bread for proof!) Sweet potato not only adds a delicious flavor, but the texture it provides is amazing!
Call me crazy, but I could eat sweet potatoes for breakfast, brunch, lunch, AND dinner. It’s extremely versatile and you can make it sweet or savory depending on how you season it or top it!
I love making Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries to go with my burgers or top Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado and Feta when I’m in a savory mood. However, lately, I’ve been enjoying these Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies in the morning with my coffee! It’s the perfect treat to wake up to.
I kept these sweet potato breakfast cookies healthier by loading them with rolled oats and using whole wheat flour. They turned out fluffy, moist, chocolatey and delicious!
Another sweet way to enjoy sweet potatoes is by baking them in the oven, adding banana, a sprinkle of chia seeds, and drizzling with some peanut butter. SO yum!
For the Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies You Will Need:
- Sweet Potato
- All-purpose Flour
- Whole Wheat Flour (I prefer stone-ground whole wheat)
- Rolled Oats
- Baking Soda
- Light Brown sugar or Coconut Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
Head to my amazon shop page for my favorite brands, gadgets and more!
How To Make These Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies:
- Prepare your sweet potatoes by either:
- Baking your sweet potatoes at 425 for 45-55 minutes and removing sweet potato from the skin,
- OR peel and chop your sweet potatoes into chunks. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add sweet potatoes, cooking for about 15 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain water and mash potatoes, then set aside to cool. I placed my sweet potatoes in my food processor and blended/pureed them until no chunks were visible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine flours, oats, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar until smooth, then add room temperature egg and vanilla. Once the sweet potato has cooled off a bit (should be warm, not hot) add it to the sugar mixture.
- Stir flour mixture into sweet potato mix, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly crisp on the outside. Baking time will depend on size.
I can’t wait to hear what you all think about these delicious chocolate chip breakfast cookies! They’re definitely getting added to my list of favorite recipes!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram when you make my recipes so I can share them to my stories!
PIN ME FOR LATER