Summer isn’t the only time for grilling! Use your grill throughout the fall to make my famous Teriyaki Grilled Salmon! So easy to make, only whole ingredients, and you get to hang out in your outdoor space!
It seems like everyone thinks that when fall rolls around you’re supposed to roll in your grill and dig out your crockpot! Don’t get me wrong, I love using my crockpot, but we love grilling and entertaining! If you are from the south, this is the time when you can sit outside and enjoy the cooler weather without being toted off by mosquitoes!!
I know you are excited about this grilled salmon recipe, but I need to tell you about our new grill from our friends at Home Depot! It is absolutely AH-MAZING! And they offer free assembly and delivery on grills over $399!
What I Love About the Weber Genesis II
Compared to charcoal grills, the Weber Genesis II has the push to start ignite button, which is SUPER easy. Ladies, even we can start it when our spouses aren’t at home!
The bigger design is great especially when you are grilling for a crowd, and the extra burner is perfect so you can literally cook everything outside.
But here’s the coolest features that most normal grills don’t have, and now we are spoiled!
Throw away your thermometer because this baby comes with a Smart app-connected thermometer that monitors food throughout the grilling process. The temperature shows up…ON YOUR PHONE!
There’s also an intense heat zone, which allows you to specifically sear your food without overcooking it internally!
It also has a place to keep food warm and a design to help with flare-ups!
Ingredients for Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
Salmon Filets – I recommend fresh salmon filets, but if you are in a pinch you can get frozen, just let them thaw before marinating
Pineapple Juice or orange juice – Check your label! There shouldn’t be anything else in this juice, so watch out for unnecessary added ingredients.
Minced Garlic – You can use fresh or store-bought, and if you want to use garlic cloves this amount will equal about 2.
Non-stick spray – this is just to spray the grates on the grill
What Temperature Should The Salmon Be Cooked To?
The optimal temperature is 145F. Check with your thermometer to be sure. Remember your food continues to cook after you take it off the grill. So don’t overcook the salmon! It changes its flavor and texture!
Can You Bake Salmon with a Teriyaki Marinade?
Yes! Simply follow the instructions. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the marinated salmon fillets on the lined baking sheet and cook for about 12 minutes at 400F.
PIN ME FOR LATER
What Should I serve Salmon With?
You can pair salmon with just about any side dish, but here are some of my favorites all of which are great for the fall!
- Healthy Egg Salad with Dill
- Mediterranean Potato Salad with Tzatziki
- Easy Harvest Salad with a Creamy Walnut Vinaigrette
- Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples
Tag me on Instagram @hellospoonful so I can see you grilling and hanging out enjoying this beautiful fall weather!
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Pineapple Juice or Orange Juice
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic Or two cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 Tbsp Water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, and water.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade. Place salmon filets in a plastic bag and pour the remaining marinade over salmon.
- Marinate the salmon in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Fire up the grill on medium heat and place salmon on the grill skin-side down. Cook for ~8 minutes. Cook time may vary depending on the thickness of your salmon fillets.
- Once the salmon is cooked through completely, remove from the grill and set on your serving plate.
- Add 1/4 cup marinade and corn starch to a skillet. Bring to boil and boil about 1-3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken.
- Spoon the teriyaki glaze over the prepared salmon and serve hot.
- I added air-fried broccoli to the plate as well. Add 3 cups frozen broccoli to your air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 370F.