This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is creamy and the perfect comfort food, gluten free, vegan friendly, and can be served as an appetizer or main course, you choose!
I know I have been on a roll with summer recipes because I mean come on who wants to eat heavily when it’s so hot outside! Now it’s time to start winding down, and get into soup mode!
One of my favorite things about this healthy broccoli soup recipe is that it’s made in the Instant Pot, which means it’s super convenient and doesn’t take much time! As a new mom, I am learning that quick and easy is what works best for us right now!
Another reason I love making this soup in the Instant Pot is that it’s truly a one-pot meal. I see a lot of recipes floating around the web and they claim it’s an instant pot recipe, but you have to use other appliances like your stovetop or oven to actually make the food.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Olive oil – I’m using extra virgin olive oil
Veggies: Broccoli, onion, carrots, and cauliflower
Spices: garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes
Broth – you can use chicken or veggie
Cheese: Cheddar and Parmesan
Milk – your choice! To make it vegan use a non-dairy milk
How To Make Cheddar Broccoli Soup in the Instant Pot
Start by setting the Instant Pot to saute, and add your oil and onion. After a couple of minutes add in the garlic and let it cook until it’s fragrant.
Then add a little broth and scrape the bottom. This is just to deglaze the pot so you don’t get the burn notice once it starts pressure cooking.
Now add the broccoli, carrots, salt, cauliflower, and the remaining chicken broth and place the lid on the pot.
Turn the valve to the sealing position and cook using high pressure for 3 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, switch the valve to vent to let it quickly release the pressure. After it’s finished remove the lid.
Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s creamy (or leave it chunky if you want to!). If you don’t have one of those, transfer the cooked ingredients to a blender or a bowl and use a hand mixer (then place it back into the instant pot so it stays warm and the cheese can melt).
Stir in the cheddar and parm, red and black pepper until the cheese has melted. Finish with additional salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!
Can You Freeze Broccoli Cheddar Soup?
Yes! Let the soup completely cool then add it to a mason jar, freezer bag, or freezer-safe container. It will stay fresh for about 2 months.
To reheat, add the frozen soup to a pan and heat it on the stovetop until it’s warm.
You can also store in individual portions, which helps with meal prep and serving sizes.
Who’s ready for soup season?! If you’re with me after you make it, head over to the gram and tag me @hellospoonful! I can’t wait to see what you think! Are you going to make yours creamy or chunky?!
PIN ME FOR LATER
More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes:
- Healthy Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
- The Best Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Sweet And Spicy Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner (Instant Pot Option Included)
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta With Veggies | Dairy-free, Gluten-free
- Healthy Turkey Sweet Potato Chili Three Ways – Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, And Stovetop
- 30 Minute Instant Pot Bbq Pulled Chicken Recipe | Gluten-free, Low Carb
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 tbsp EV Olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Chicken or veggie broth
- 6 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Carrots
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- ½ cup Milk of choice
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Red pepper flakes
- Select Sauté to preheat the Instant Pot. When hot, add olive oil and onion. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Add roughly 2 tbsp chicken broth and scrape a spoon along the bottom of the pan to remove any stuck-on bits. Add the broccoli, carrots, salt, cauliflower, and the remaining chicken broth.
- Close and seal the lid. Cook on high pressure (Manual) for 3 minutes. When the cook time ends, turn off the Instant pot. Use a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- With an immersion blender, food processor, or blender, puree the soup, leaving it as creamy or as chunky as you like. Return it to the Instant Pot.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk of choice, red pepper flakes, and black pepper until the cheese has melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy!