Flourless Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are delicious and easy to make. They are also gluten free and contain no butter or oil, low carb, refined sugar free & clean eating friendly!
my mom is known for her BOMBBB cookie baking abilities. she’s legit famous for them.
like as in one cookie at lunch could trade for 3 pizza lunchables (PS have you seen my healthy adult version of pizza lunchables!?) and a flintstones ice cream push-pop.. yeah, THAT good!
one of my favorites she made was her peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.. which is what inspired this healthy version of the recipe.
if you’re a peanut butter lover like myself, then these babies were made for YOU!
they’re the perfect mix of crispy edges, soft middles + chewy peanut buttery goodness… not to mention the chocolate coating.
don’t forget to tag me on instagram when you make em!! happy baking!
FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN COOKIES
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, but I used smooth)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp protein powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
FOR THE COATING:
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
HOW TO MAKE:
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until combined. Gradually stir in your milk, mix in protein powder & flaxseed until all of your ingredients are combined.
- Scoop mixture into tablespoon sized balls & flatten onto your lined trays. These cookies won’t spread while baking so you’ll want to flatten them out.
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 mins or until edges are lightly golden. The cookies will firm up once they cool. if you want them crunchy bake them for 15 mins. Allow to cool before serving.
- Optional: While cooling, melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tbsp coconut oil. Once cooled completely, dip into melted chocolate & set on wax paper to cool!