My version of Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Bread is light, fluffy, and refreshing especially in the warmer months from the lemony citrus flavor!
Being gluten free isn’t always a dietary choice for some people. Some people choose a gluten free option to manage their celiac disease and reduce symptoms of gluten sensitivity. Even without sensitivities, some have found that a gluten free diet has left them with more energy, fewer skin issues, and aids with weight loss!
Finding gluten free options these days are much easier to come by than it used to be. This is especially true for those particular cravings you just can’t seem to shake (SWEETS!).
This bread will be one that satisfies your craving for bread while enjoying a delicious treat for yourself. Regular lemon poppyseed bread is now a thing of the past with this gluten free option. This is a healthier alternative for anyone wanting to keep nutrition in mind while staying on track being gluten free.
Ingredients For Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Bread:
oat flour – if you don’t have oat flour, grind up gluten free oats in a blender, and boom you have just made your own flour!
Honey – grab the organic kind if you can
Coconut oil – don’t forget to melt it!
lemon juice – fresh is the best and really adds such a great flavor!
Greek yogurt – be sure to use 2% if you try fat free, unfortunately they will be dry!
lemon zest – if you don’t have a zester you the small side of your box cheese grater
Simple lemon glaze:
almond milk – I would stick with an unsweetened flavor
Making Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Bread:
Before you make your poppyseed bread, go ahead and preheat your oven and prepare your loaf pan. You can use parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray.
Then grab a small mixing bowl and combine the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs together and add the honey, melted coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla and stir. Go ahead and stir in the yogurt too!
Now fold the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients until combined. Be careful to not over-stir! Toss in the lemon zest and poppy seeds and give it a couple more stirs before pouring it into the loaf pan
Bake until your toothpick comes out clean.
If the bread starts turning too brown, cover it with aluminum foil for the remaining cooking time.
While you wait, go ahead and mix the lemon glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Then drizzle over the poppyseed bread once it has cooled down some.
How To Store Lemon Poppyseed Bread that is Gluten Free
You can place it in an airtight container or a ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze simply wrap the loaf (or individual slices) in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it into a freezer bag.
Enjoying the best gluten free lemon poppyseed bread? Go tag me on Instagram so I can see what you think!
PIN ME FOR LATER
More Gluten Free Sweets You Have to Try:
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Oil-free)
- Paleo Coffee Cake
- Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Bread
Simple Lemon Glaze
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- 2 –3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add in honey, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Then add in yogurt.
- Fold in wet ingredients to dry until well combined, then stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Pour into your lined and sprayed loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cover halfway through if it starts to brown on top.
- While baking, make glaze by whisking powdered sugar, almond milk, and lemon juice.
- Once the loaf is completely cool, drizzle the glaze on top.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy in 5 days or freeze for later!