This healthy greek yogurt chicken salad recipe is loaded with pecans, Ocean Spray Craisins® Dried Cranberries, apples, and other fresh flavors. Meal prep this 30-minute recipe ahead of time and you’ll have a delicious lunch option all week for the office, school, or home. This post was sponsored by Ocean Spray but all opinions are my own.
Chicken salad is honestly one of those foods/meals I often forget about, but then I kick myself when I remember it exists because it’s so darn easy to make! Not to mention it’s one of the tastiest, most convenient meals to have in the fridge.
One other thing I love about chicken salad is how versatile it is. You can truly add whatever mix-ins you prefer to make it your own or to match the foods that are in-season.
This healthy chicken salad recipe is fall-inspired by adding pecans, Ocean Spray Craisins® Dried Cranberries (with 50% less sugar), and apples. I love the sweetness and texture the craisins bring into the dish along with the crunch from the nuts, apples, and celery.
These foods scream fall to me, but let’s be honest, I would eat this chicken salad ANY time of year.
This healthy greek yogurt chicken salad recipe takes no time to make.
The longest part of the process is baking and shredding the chicken, which takes about 30 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
I bought two large chicken breasts and baked them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, but you can also purchase a rotisserie chicken for this recipe or prep the chicken ahead of time to make this chicken salad recipe even easier!
You could also purchase chicken tenderloins if you’re short on time because they would bake quicker as well.
Is chicken salad healthy?
I lightened up this recipe by using greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. Plain Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture to replace the mayonnaise, but most importantly it adds in a lot of protein!
By using 3/4 cup greek yogurt in this chicken salad you’re able to add in 18g of protein.
I also added a generous amount of celery in this recipe because I’m a sucker for a good crunch!
Celery offers a good amount of antioxidants and fiber. Celery is mainly water, which means it is low calorie.
If you’re on a weight-loss journey, this is great news!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Greek Yogurt
- Ocean Spray Craisins® Dried Cranberries (I used the 50% less sugar ones)
- Pecans (or walnuts would be great, too!)
- Onion Powder
- Dijon Mustard
Full measurements and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post!
Two ways to prepare your chicken for this healthy greek yogurt chicken salad recipe:
- If preparing your own chicken: place parchment paper on your baking sheet and place chicken on parchment paper. Spray with EVOO and season with salt, pepper, and whatever seasonings you like. Bake in the oven at 350F for 20-40 minutes, depending on the size. Pull chicken out of the oven when it’s done and shred with two forks. Measure two cups. You can reference this website for instructions.
- Purchase a rotisserie chicken, shred into small pieces and measure out two cups.
How long does chicken salad keep?
When properly stored, the chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Because Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F; chicken salad should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
I hope you all enjoy this easy, healthy recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram when you make this recipe or any of my other recipes!
No time to make this recipe now? Pin it to Pinterest for later!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Looking for more meal prep chicken recipes?
- Low Sugar Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Healthy Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken
- Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- 5 Ingredient Tex Mex Crock Pot Chicken
Healthy Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast Shredded or chopped
- 1 Cup Celery Chopped, about two stalks
- 3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Apple Chopped/diced
- 1/3 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Ocean Spray Craisins® Dried Cranberries *I used the 50% less sugar ones
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- If preparing your own chicken: place parchment paper on your baking sheet and place chicken on parchment paper. Spray with EVOO and season with salt, pepper, and whatever seasonings you like. Bake in the oven at 350F for 20-40 minutes, depending on the size. Pull chicken out of the oven when it's done and shred with two forks. Measure two cups. You can reference the website in my blog post for instructions. If you're purchasing a rotisserie chicken, shred into small pieces and measure out two cups.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a large bowl and combine until evenly coated with herbs, spices, and greek yogurt.
- Serve immediately or store in Tupperware in your fridge.