This Whole30 Breakfast Casserole is packed full of flavor, great for meal prepping, and great for brunches!
I love a good breakfast casserole that you can eat at any time of the day! You know there are some that just seem like they are more fitting for the morning hours, but this Whole30 breakfast recipe can actually be devoured any time of the day!
It’s packed full of protein from the ground turkey eggs, and spinach but let’s not forget all of the nutrition coming from the pepper and sweet potato!
I love that this breakfast casserole is hearty and filling, you won’t have to worry about getting hungry and reaching for snacks throughout the day!
Ingredients for Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
Oil – I chose extra virgin olive oil but you could also use coconut oil or avocado oil
Sweet potato – try to find a bigger one because we are going to use these as our bottom casserole layer
Ground turkey – have leftovers? Be sure to try my Whole30 Stuffed Peppers!
Other Veggies Needed: onions, bell pepper, and spinach
Spices – garlic and onion powder, black pepper, and salt
Want to mix things up? Don’t forget to check out my other Healthy Ham and Feta Breakfast Casserole!
How To Make the BEST Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
- Grease your casserole dish with oil and line with your sweet potato rounds.
- While the potatoes are roasting, brown your ground turkey and drain.
- Then, cook your veggies until they are softened slightly. Add the turkey and seasonings to the skillet.
- Top the sweet potatoes with your roasted veggie mixture (including the turkey), then add the scrambled eggs.
- Bake and enjoy!
Can You Make Breakfast Casserole in Batches?
For a double batch use a 9×13 baking dish and double the ingredients.
Just be sure when you are using different sized dishes that cooking time may take a little longer.
How To Meal Prep Whole30 Breakfast Casserole?
One batch of this casserole makes about 9 squares (4×4). You can always make a double batch for the week or to freeze (which I recommend). You know that meal planning works best when it is as convenient as possible. So once the breakfast casserole cools and has been sliced, place it in single-serve portions into freezer-friendly containers for next time.
Reheat in your oven or air fryer for a few minutes (around 350 degrees for 5 – 10 minutes) or microwave in increments until warm.
Tips for Making
- Feel free to add more veggies like mushrooms and other pepper varieties
- Swap out the turkey for Whole30 approved bacon, sausage, or ground chicken.
- Make the casserole into individual cups by using a muffin pan! If you do this, the cooking time will be reduced, so just keep an eye on it while it is baking.
- If you decide to use frozen spinach, make sure it is thawed and DRAINED well to get rid of all of the water. This will make the casserole super soggy if you skip the draining process.
- Chop, dice, and brown the ingredients ahead of time to make the prep process shorter when you are running low on time!
Alright Whole30 lovers, don’t be shy! After you make this hearty breakfast casserole, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
PIN ME FOR LATER
More Whole30 Recipes You Will Love:
- 6 Ingredient Meatball Marinara Sauce | Whole30 Approved, No Sugar Added
- 5 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Fajitas | Gluten-free, Whole30, Keto, And Paleo
- Oven-baked Keto Turkey Meatballs | Gluten-free, Whole30, & Paleo
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken | Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Breast | Easy Shredded Chicken Recipe
Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet potato cut into ¼ in rounds
- 1 heaping cup ground turkey
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 2 Cup Spinach
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and grease a 8x8 casserole dish with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the sweet potato rounds with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and sea salt to taste and arrange over the bottom of your casserole dish. You will want them to overlap since they will shrink after roasting.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are in the oven, In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1 tsp olive oil and cook ground turkey until fully cooked. Drain meat and set aside
- In the same skillet cook peppers, onions, and spinach until slightly softened. This will take about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add the ground turkey back to the pan and add in all your seasonings. Stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, crack 8 eggs and whisk well.
- Remove your potatoes from the oven and reduce the heat to 400F.
- Pour combined turkey and veggie ingredients on top of sweet potatoes, followed by the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out of the center clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!