Healthy peanut butter snack cake is refined sugar-free, made with wholesome ingredients like oat flour and maple syrup, and packed with peanut butter flavor! Toss in your favorite chocolate chips or throw it in your yogurt bowl for a delicious and healthy treat.
How many ways can someone combine peanut butter and chocolate? The limit does not exist.
I truly will never get tired of a peanut butter chocolate combination.
However, I had yet to create a peanut butter chocolate CAKE recipe! Or any cake recipe for that matter.
Michael and I aren’t huge cake people, but snack cake? Now we can get down with that!
What is a snack cake?
This peanut butter chocolate chip snack cake was a happy accident. I was trying to make blondies! HA.
Clearly I used a bit too much baking powder and a few other things that caused those peanut butter blondies to turn into a delicious snack cake instead.
Don’t you love it when you happen upon a miraculous creation like this? I didn’t even know snack cakes were a thing, but thanks to google, I was able to see the term is legit.
So, healthy peanut butter snack cake it is!!
The best part about this healthy peanut butter snack cake is how easy it is to throw together.
Simply combine all of the ingredients to a bowl, pour in your 8×8 baking pan, and you’re 20 minutes away from heaven!
Eat it plain, toss it in a yogurt bowl, or drizzle with chocolate.
If you’re peanut butter obsessed like me, you can even drizzle more peanut butter on top! But that might be a little excessive.
Ingredients for peanut butter snack cake
This recipe is made with wholesome, real food ingredients. See below for what you will need!
- Oat flour (I make my own by adding oats to a blender and blending until flour texture is formed)
- Natural peanut butter (Look for one with no added sugar or oil)
- Maple syrup
- Milk of choice
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil
- Chocolate chips
You will also need a mixing bowl, rubber spatula, 8×8 baking pan, and a hand mixer if you want to make things easier. 🙂
How to make healthy peanut butter snack cake
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare your oat flour if needed. Measure out 1 1/4 cup flour and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup maple syrup, 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons coconut oil, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons almond milk to your bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add oat flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt to the mixture and combine. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips or any other things you like such as nuts or dried fruit.
- Pour in the prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick to make sure the snack cake is cooked through. Allow the cake to bake longer if needed.
- Remove and allow to cool before cutting and serving.
I hope you all enjoy this happy accident of mine!
If you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation! I love sharing them to my stories.
If you like this recipe you will also love:
- Healthy Peanut Butter No-Bake Brownie Bites | Vegan + Gluten Free
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls | No-Bake, Flourless + Gluten-Free
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Muffins | Clean Ingredient, Simple Muffin Recipe
- Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies AKA The Only Cookie Recipe You Need
PIN ME FOR LATER