This Healthy 5 Ingredient Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken recipe takes no time to throw together using your slow cooker. Enjoy this super easy crockpot recipe that’s perfect for meal prep, an easy weeknight dinner, or a potluck!
Raise your hand if you’re forever thankful for the inventor of the crock-pot!?
I knew a slow cooker was a must-have on our wedding registry, but I didn’t realize just HOW much I needed it until lately.
It’s seriously been such a lifesaver. Especially if you love easy, healthy chicken breast crock pot recipes with few ingredients!
TIP! If you’re a new mom or know a mom-to-be, this makes a great freezer meal for new moms!
Our crock-pot had been sitting in our cabinet since we moved in in June and I felt guilty for not using it. Let’s just say I was waiting for the perfect, easy chicken recipe to kick it off with. 😉
I definitely chose right because this healthy honey garlic chicken is on another level.
This crockpot chicken recipe requires just 5 ingredients but is full of flavor while still being healthy!
This healthy 5 ingredient honey garlic chicken tastes better than take-out and takes NO time to throw together.
It’s not overly powerful, and you’re left with a generous amount of sauce to pour on top! It’s been really wonderful having leftovers around the house.
We recently got this Multi-Use Express Crockpot and it is amazing!! It is a slow cooker, pressure cooker, and so much more all in one! Highly recommend.
Dinner was always a special time for my family growing up, so sitting down to a hot meal just feels cozy to me.
With the weather cooling down, hot dinners are even more of a priority because I am ALWAYS cold. Anyone else?
What do you serve crock-pot honey garlic chicken with?
Rice and Veggies: I served this super simple dinner recipe over rice with some roasted veggies.
I prepped the rice the night before by using our crock pot, too! I highly recommend it. You can follow the instructions in this post on how to cook rice in your pressure cooker, on in this post for cooking rice in your slow cooker.
I keep big batches of it in our fridge because we eat brown rice with almost every meal.
Salad: I also love serving this easy, healthy slow cooker chicken over a big Asian-inspired salad with crispy lettuce, cabbage, carrots, edamame, and cashews. Yum!
Sliders: Adding some of this honey garlic chicken to a toasted bun with an Asian Coleslaw is such a treat! Drizzle with a little aioli for some added flavor.
For this healthy and easy slow-cooker chicken recipe you will need:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (Or rice vinegar) I have also used balsamic vinegar and it was surprisingly yummy!
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
How To Make Healthy Honey Garlic Chicken in Your Crock-Pot:
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray or line it with a slow-cooker liner.
- Mix honey, soy sauce, water, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl
- Place chicken breasts in the Multi-Use Express Crock-Pot
- Pour the sauce over chicken
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7.
How to store in the fridge
- Place the chicken and sauce in airtight containers or bags, and refrigerate for up to four days.
- Reheat the leftovers on the stove over medium heat until heated through.
Can I freeze crockpot honey garlic chicken?
YES! One of the best parts about crockpot meals is they are great for meal prepping or freezing for later. Place the cooked and cooled chicken in a freezer bag or container. Mark the date and freeze for up to 3 months
I made this recipe and froze it when I was about to go into labor. We pulled it out when I was in the depths of newborn land and it was a huge help!
Can I use frozen chicken in the crockpot?
I do not recommend using frozen chicken in the crockpot because it could remain at an unsafe temperature for too long. You want it to be thawed before cooking.
Choosing Between Breasts and Thighs
- I use boneless, skinless chicken breast in this crockpot recipe but you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- If you are looking for leaner meat, stick with chicken breast. If you are looking for more forgiving meat, and don’t care about the fat or calorie content, use boneless skinless chicken thighs in your crockpot.
More healthy chicken crockpot recipes you will love:
- Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas
- Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
- Crockpot Cream of Mushroom Chicken
- 5 Ingredient Crockpot Tex Mex Chicken | Easy Meal Prep Dinner Idea
I’m sure this healthy recipe will be making an appearance in the near future!
If you like this recipe you will also love:
5 Ingredient Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken | Healthy, Easy Dinner Recipe
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar *Can sub rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Spray your crock-pot with non-stick spray or line with a slow-cooker liner.
- Mix honey, soy sauce, water, vinegar and garlic in a bowl
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and pour the sauce over your chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.