These Vegan Blondies are made in one bowl, filled with chocolate chips, ready in 20 minutes, and are gluten free and oil-free!
Anytime I’m not in the mood for chocolatey fudgy baked goods (rare, but it happens) I always turn to blondies instead! I have had a ton of people asking for more blondie recipes because my people on Instagram love these things! Be sure to read to the end for more vegan recipes!
Favorite Blondie Recipes:
- Healthy Tahini Chocolate Chunk Blondies | Dairy-free, Oil-free
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies With Oat Flour
- Vegan Cinnamon Apple Blondies
- Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies | 30 Minute Dessert Recipe
What is the Difference between Blondies and Brownies?
Typically when you make brownies from scratch you are using cocoa powder for the full chocolate flavor. Blondies have a similar texture but the flavor is more cake-like. In this vegan batch of blondies, we will still have some chocolate flavor from the chocolate chips!
Ingredients for Vegan Blondies
Flour – to keep the blondies gluten-free I used oat flour, but you could swap this for almond flour as well. To make your own oat flour, simply add oats to a blender (this is the blender I use!) and blend until a fine powder forms!
Peanut Butter – you know my favorite is from Trader Joe’s, but if you are shopping at other places (like Costco or Kroger) just be sure it is natural. So drippy and the only other ingredient should be salt if any. Also, feel free to swap out peanut butter for your favorite nut or seed butter!
Salt – You can omit or reduce the amount if your nut butter is already salted.
Maple Syrup – this is going to add some all-natural sweetness! The darker the syrup the more nutritious it is. Just be sure they didn’t sneak any additional ingredients in. Artificial maple syrup is on my list of 15 foods I DON’T buy at the grocery store.
Almond milk – you can swap this for unsweetened coconut milk if needed
Chocolate chips – obviously dark chocolate is much healthier. Also, be sure to check out Lily’s chocolate. Their chocolate chips are sugar-free and non-GMO!
Other ingredients – baking powder, vanilla, and baking soda
For more of my kitchen favorites, head to my shop page on my blog!
How To Make Gluten Free Vegan Blondies
- Preheat your oven and get your loaf pan ready.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl except for your chocolate chips.
- Once the batter is combined, fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour in your loaf pan, add the remaining chocolate chips on top, then bake!
- Be sure to not overbake! You want the inside nice and gooey!
How To Store and Freeze Blondies
After they have completely cooled, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To freeze, cut into slices and store in single layers separated by parchment paper. They will stay fresh up to 3 months!
To serve after freezing, let them thaw at room temperature or reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds.
If you loved these blondies as much as I do, be sure to tag me on Instagram!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Yummy Vegan Dessert Recipes:
- Flourless Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- Vegan Apple Cake With Caramel Drizzle (Healthy)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars With Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- Edible Vegan Cookie Dough Balls
- Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies | Made With Oat Flour!
- 2 cups oat flour can sub almond
- ½ tsp salt omit or reduce if nut butter is salted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter the drippy kind, can sub any nut or seed butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS almond milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 9x5" loaf pan, set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips into a mixing bowl and mix until combined. I used a hand mixer. If the batter is dry, add up to 2 more TBS of almond milk!
- Fold in ⅓ cup chocolate Chips.
- Pour in your loaf pan and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top.
- Cool and serve! Optional: add sea salt on top!