This Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is a delicious way to enjoy Indian cuisine in a hurry! All you need is a jar of your favorite tikka masala, yogurt, a few spices, veggies, and you’re set!
Is there really anything better than a comforting Indian curry? Preferably Chicken Tikka Masala.
This slow-cooker version is cozy, flavorful, and makes your house smell a dream!
I like to prep the ingredients the night before so all I have to do is add it to my slow cooker in the morning and leave it alone while I get to work.
It’s always a treat coming home to a delicious smelling kitchen with dinner ready to go. It’s almost like having a personal chef!
Not only is this slow-cooker chicken tikka masala super easy thanks to the crock-pot, but it’s made even easier by using store-bought sauce and amping it up with some additional spices!
I love taking store-bought sauces and making them my own. Anyone else?
It’s fun starting with a base and putting your own spin on it.
What is Tikka Masala?
Tikka masala is a tomato and cream-based sauce with a lot of spices added.
It’s slightly spicy and is earthy tasting.
Ingredients for Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce. There are a lot of spices and ingredients that make up tikka masala, which is why I opted to use a jarred tikka masala simmer sauce as the base for this recipe. I used this one that I found at my local market.
- Chicken. I have only made this recipe using boneless, skinless chicken breast. If you are vegetarian, try using chickpeas instead! I would add them at the end, though.
- Bell peppers and onion. Don’t feel restricted on the veggies. These are just two of my personal favorites to add to the curry, but carrots and cauliflower would be delicious as well. What’re your favorite veggies to add to curry? Let me know below!
- Fire-roasted diced tomatoes. They have to be fire-roasted! They add a lot more flavor than plain diced tomatoes.
- Minced garlic.
- Smoked paprika.
- Greek Yogurt. Be sure to add this in after you’ve removed from the heat so it doesn’t curdle!
If you like this recipe you will also love:
- 15 Minute Peanut Butter Curry Sauce with Shrimp and Vegetables
- 30 Minute Healthy Thai Chicken Curry and Vegetables
- 5 Ingredient Spicy Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders (Air Fryer or Oven-Baked)
Be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make your Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- 15 oz Tikka Masala Sauce
- 2 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cut into bite-sized pieces
- 14.5 oz Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes Canned, Drained
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Bell Peppers Sliced fajita-style
- 1/3 Cup Yogurt I used 4% and don't recommend using non-fat.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Add all ingredients except for the yogurt to your slow cooker in the order they are listed above and cook on high for 3 hours, or on low for 6 hours.
- Remove lid, turn off the, and stir in the yogurt OR add a dollop of yogurt to your own personal bowl if you have picky eaters in the house.
- Serve on top of rice and season with salt and pepper as desired. Garnish with cilantro.