This coffee banana smoothie recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast on-the-go. Packed with nutrients and flavor – it’s sure to keep you full and satisfied.
Hellllllo coffee lovers of the world!
so basically everyone… right?
I am SO excited to be bringing this coffee banana smoothie recipe to the blog for a few reasons
- it’s my first smoothie recipe – hard to believe 🤔
- it combines two of my all-time favorite breakfast staples ( coffee + oats ) 🥣
- its perfect for on the go, so you can enjoy this goodness while you sit in atlanta traffic and feel a little less miserable 🚗
those are just a few of the reasons i’m newly obsessed, but i’ll get to my favorite part of this coffee smoothie recipe a little later on! Hint: It involves a discount for YOU.
I’m not sure why I waited so long to post a smoothie recipe (with the exception of my banana pumpkin smoothie bowl). Sometimes I feel like smoothie posts are a cop-out because all you gotta do is toss some stuff in a blender and BOOM you’re done.
kind of a food bloggers dream.
But then I thought back on my dark chocolate espresso peanut butter cups recipe, the bartlett pear, goat cheese and honey pecan crostinis I shared a few posts back and my most popular recipe: healthy honey garlic slow cooker chicken.. & they’re equally as easy.
BUT I chose to share them anyways because of how they tasted! I couldn’t keep this coffee banana smoothie recipe to myself — that would just be plain rude 😉
I put a healthy twist on my Banana coffee smoothie by…
- using unsweetened vanilla almond milk because… it has WAY less sugar than skim milk
- adding chia seeds because… they contain 11 grams of fiber (!!) and 4 grams of protein in just 2 tbsp
- replacing peanut butter with powdered peanut butter — still packed with 8 grams of protein
- adding cinnamon because… lowers blood sugar, full of antioxidants + more health benefits. plus it tastes like the holidays!
- using a frozen banana as your “ice” because.. packs tons of vitamins and minerals + keeps your smoothie from getting watered down!
- using stevia instead of sugar/honey/agave/ because… preference.
the MOST exciting part of this breakfast smoothie recipe is the coffee i used:
Not only is their coffee one of the best i’ve ever tasted, but it holds a special place in my heart because it is coffee with a mission.
“We believe coffee is more than just careful farming, intentional processing and expert roasting. Coffee is an opportunity to do good, and doing good means we get to help people and champion dignity.
We aim to affect whole communities for positive change, and pour redeeming goodness into every cup.”
Sip on this coffee banana smoothie with an even better conscience.
Read all about their Do Good Initiative and see what I mean.
In short, Land of a Thousand Hills partners with small-scale coffee farmers in Rwanda to “provide better wages, for a better future.” They invest in sustainable village projects and pay higher than Fair Trade prices. When you buy their coffee, you help families provide for themselves, build homes for orphans, give care to widows, and give hope to their coffee communities.
It’s pretty amazing all the things they’re doing, and I’m spoiled because their coffee shop is just a couple miles from my home. very dangerous for the bank account — which is why you need to use code “HELLO20” at check out for 20% off! (running from today until 12/31 at 11:59 PM.)
I hope all you coffee lovers enjoy this easy, on-the-go breakfast as much as I do!