Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken is a little sweet, tangy, tender, and full of flavor! Such a great set it and forget it recipe and pairs well with any veggie!
While I love my air fryer and Instant Pot, nothing beats a slow cooker meal! A lot of times I feel fresh in the morning, so I will go ahead and start the slow cooker, by the afternoon boy am I thankful! Dinner is ready and I barely had to lift a finger to make it!
Also, making crockpot dinners is a great way to meal prep with minimal cleanup! Another little trick to keep the mess down, are these crockpot liners. They are plastic liners that are made for the crockpot, so once you’re finished you can just toss it and your slow cooker is still clean!
How to Make Crockpot Honey Mustard Chicken
First, grab these ingredients!
- Chicken – we used boneless skinless breasts
- Honey – for the best make sure it’s organic with no additives
- Mustard – your favorite yellow mustard
- Garlic – fresh minced cloves offer the most flavor
- Olive oil – coconut or avocado oil can be used too
- Worcestershire Sauce– just a little boost of flavor
- Other Spices – salt, pepper, dried oregano
- Greek yogurt – adds extra creaminess
Add your chicken to the bottom of your slow cooker then combine the remaining ingredients (except for the Greek yogurt) and pour over the chicken.
Cook for 6 hours on low then shred the chicken. Once the chicken has been shredded, add it back to the crockpot and stir in the Greek yogurt.
How To Serve Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
This recipe is so versatile and goes with just about any salad and veggie, but here are some of my favorites
- Vegan Butternut Squash Mac And Cheese
- Brussel Sprout Salad with Honeycrisp Apple Dressing
- Mediterranean Potato Salad with Tzatziki – No Mayo, No Mustard
Can You Use a Different Cut of Chicken?
We always choose to use boneless skinless breasts or tenders but you could also use thighs or even a whole chicken!
If you choose to cook a whole chicken, it will need more cooking time so I would adjust to about 8 hours.
How To Store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. You can also freeze it for later and add it to salads, tacos, sandwiches, and soups almost like a rotisserie chicken.
Sear the chicken on both sides and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet or in a 9×13 dish. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes. Uncover the chicken during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Use a thermometer to make the internal temperature reach 165 degrees. Let the chicken rest 5-8 minutes before serving.
Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken is such an easy dinner recipe! Hope you love it as much as we do! Tag me on Instagram and let me know you made it!
PIN ME FOR LATER
More Chicken Recipes You Will Enjoy:
- Crockpot Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken
- Marinated Chicken Salad With Garlic Rosemary Vinaigrette
- Ranch Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala | Healthy & Easy
- 5 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Fajitas | Gluten-free, Whole30, Keto, And Paleo
Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- Add the chicken breast to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken right in the slow cooker OR place the chicken in a stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, mix on low until chicken is shredded. Add the shredded chicken back into your crockpot and combine with the sauce.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!