These Paleo cookie bars are moist, chewy, and healthier than your average cookie! With no dairy, gluten-free, and free of refined sugar, you can enjoy these no matter what your dieting lifestyle is.
The most common thing I hear from people who are getting started with a healthier lifestyle is, “That means I can’t have sweets!” That statement is a myth for sure! When it comes to eating healthy, it’s all about moderation!
While you do not want cookies being 90% of your diet, it is okay to have them! Even better when you use whole ingredients, which is what I am going to show you today!
These chocolate chip cookie bars are paleo-friendly, vegan friendly, and there’s no refined sugar! By using a mixture of coconut and almond flour, we make these gluten-free but they still have the texture of a fresh-baked gooey cookie!
Looking for some homemade bars similar to these? Be sure to check out these Vegan Chocolate Chip Blondies, Cookie Dough Protein Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Oatmeal, and one of my favorites, S’mores Cookie Bars!
Recipes like this one are perfect for on the go snacks, they are easy to make and don’t take much time, plus they are family-friendly!
What Do You Need to Make Paleo Cookie Bars?
- Almond Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Soda
- Dark Chocolate
Kitchen Gadgets Needed:
- Mixing Bowl
- 8×8 Pan
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Mix your wet ingredients then add the rest of the ingredients in, saving the chocolate chips for last.
- Fold the dark chocolate in, without overmixing.
- Add your cookie bar mixture to your baking pan then bake!
- Be sure to save some of those dark chocolate chunks to put on top!
Tips for Making
- Don’t forget to line your pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- You will want to get them in an airtight container as soon as they cool so they don’t dry out. If they start drying out they will lose that moist, fudgy texture.
- As a variation, you can add up to 1 cup of nuts for an extra crunch!
Can You Make a Double Batch of Cookie Bars?
Yes! If you want to make a double batch of bars, just double the ingredients and use a 9×13 baking pan instead!
Don’t forget to line and/or grease it to keep them from sticking.
Instructions for Freezing
Follow the instructions for baking the bars, then let them cool completely. Place them in a freezer-friendly container in single layers, using parchment or freezer if needed to separate layers.
Are you making a single or double batch? Nuts or no? Tag me on Instagram so I can see and share on my stories!
PIN ME FOR LATER
More of My Favorite Recipes I Turned into Bars:
- Healthy Pumpkin Bars With Healthy Cream Cheese Icing
- Healthy Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Bars
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Healthy No-bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars
- Healthy Strawberry Yogurt Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Paleo Cookie Bars
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Then add dry ingredients. It will be thick like cookie dough.
- Fold in dark chocolate.
- Spread in a lined 8x8 pan.
- Add a few more chocolate chunks to the top.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 mins until just golden (you want them GOOEY).
- Top with flaked salt. Let cool completely. Enjoy!