My Pesto Pasta Bake is a delicious and tasty 7 ingredient gluten free dinner that the whole family will love!
This cheesy chicken and pesto dish will leave you wanting more after each bite. Not to mention the added bonus of it being gluten free and easy to make! Leftovers are great for meal prep and the flavor is still amazing!
Where are all of my busy mamas at? If you love quick and easy, don’t leave without checking out these other healthy easy dinners.
Healthy Easy Dinner Ideas:
- Spicy Chicken Burgers (Healthy)
- Buffalo Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
- Easy Sheet Pan Salmon For Two
Ingredients Needed For Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake
Pasta- I like rotini or penne, you can use regular pasta as well. If you are looking for a great gluten free pasta, Banza is amazing! It tastes just like regular, the texture is the same, and it’s packed full of protein!
Chicken stock – if possible get the organic kind
Mozzarella – For this, you can buy pre-shredded cheese or if you want to go the extra mile, buy a block and grate it yourself. The block of cheese would be great for cheese snacks or even other recipes such as my Cauliflower Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza
How To Make Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake
Go ahead and get started by boiling a pot of water. This is going to be for the pasta, you can just make it according to the instructions on the box! To make your water boil faster add a little salt! Another trick is to add a dash of oil to the pot to help the noodles from clumping together.
Make sure your oven is preheated.
While your pasta is cooking, go ahead and add to a large bowl, the pesto, chicken stock, sun-dried tomatoes, and shredded chicken. Once the pasta has finished cooking and has been drained, stir into the mixture.
Pour the mixture into a baking pan and spread it so it’s evenly over the whole pan. Top the pasta bake with cheese and you are ready to cook!
Cook for about 20 minutes or until it is warm and the cheese has melted and enjoy!
Storing for Later + Tips
This is a great meal prepping recipe as it holds up for at least 5 days! You can also swap the chicken for turkey or just bake the pasta portion as a side dish!
Tag me on Instagram while you are cooking, then show off this tasty casserole with your friends!
PIN ME FOR LATER
More Healthy Pasta Recipes:
- The Best Goat Cheese Pasta
- How To Cook Palmini Pasta Noodles | Pro-tips + A Recipe!
- No-boil Veggie Pasta Bake | Gluten-free, High-protein
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta With Veggies | Dairy-free, Gluten-free
- Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Sauce – Gluten-free, Vegan
- Greek Yogurt Alfredo
Pesto Pasta Chicken Bake
- 12 oz gluten free pasta of choice I like rotini or penne. Can use regular pasta if not GF
- 2 cups of shredded chicken breast
- 10 oz pesto store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Bring a pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package, drain and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add cooked pasta, shredded chicken, pesto, chicken stock, and sun dried tomatoes. Gently mix together.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread pasta chicken mixture evenly, and top with mozzarella & parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top.
- Serve and top with more cheese if desired.