New to the air frying world? Start simple and learn what the best frozen foods for the air fryer are along with tips and tricks!
So maybe you just recently got an air fryer or you have added it to your gift list and you want to dive in easy. You have definitely come to the right place!
Once you start browsing for air frying recipes, you will notice that you can make just about anything! This appliance may be small, but it sure is mighty!
What To Look For In An Air Fryer
Before taking the plunge, be sure to get the correct size. If you have a larger family or cook batches at a time, you will want to choose an XL Air Fryer with a larger basket or tray.
Think about your kitchen space. Obviously, the larger models take up more space, so do you have room to spare on your counter or in a closet when it’s not in use? Check out my space-saving kitchen hacks for your small kitchen if this is the case!
There are different varieties, as I mentioned basket and tray models. Most people use one with a basket, but of course, this is a personal preference. There are even models with dual baskets so you can air fry two things at once! No matter which one you choose you do not want to overload the pan/basket.
Best Frozen Foods for Air Fryers
Honestly, you can put any frozen food in the air fryer, because although it cooks by convection it’s still versatile just like your oven.
My favorite sides to cook in the air fryer are frozen veggies of any kind! There’s no real recipe to follow here. Simply add the vegetables to your basket and air at 400 degrees until they are ready. How simple is that? Here are some frozen vegetables that work great!
- Brussels Sprouts
- Zucchini and squash
- Peppers and Onions
- Sweet potato fries
Really you just want to avoid smaller vegetables (like corn, peas, etc.) because they are not as convenient to cook.
If you are one who purchases other foods from the frozen section (prepackaged) those can be cooked as well. Most of the time if you are using an air fryer you want the food to be crispy, which is the reason you want the temperature to be in the high 300s or 400s.
Reheating leftovers? That’s when you want to lower the air temperature.
Great Prepackaged Frozen Food for the Air Fryer
When browsing this list, you know I always recommend buying organic, all-natural, with the cleanest ingredients possible. Trader Joe’s is an excellent source!
- Chicken (nuggets, tenders, strips, burgers) – These are my favorite chicken strips on my blog! Try freezing the left overs and reheating in your air fryer. They stay super crispy!
- Burgers (veggie, turkey, tuna, salmon) – My favorite is to batch these Spicy Chicken Burgers with Zucchini or Salmon Burgers, freeeze the extra and reheat them in my air fryer!
- Pizzas (made with healthy ingredients)
- Burritos – My favorite frozen burritios are Amy’s Kitchen
- Meatballs – These asian chicken meatballs or keto turkey meatballs are my all time favorite!
Meal Prepping Your Frozen Foods to Reheat In the Air Fryer
So once you get the hang of cooking with this handy little appliance, you may want to start freezing your own recipes.
When you freeze leftovers, for the most part, you can always use your air fryer to reheat. I love this concept because you know the exact ingredients and source when you prepare your own meals.
This obviously does not include things like soups and sauces, more like burritos, chicken, burgers, etc.
Tips for Using Your Air Fryer
- Do not overload the basket
- If you are going to use parchment paper liners, don’t place these in when it is preheating.
- There’s no need to overuse oil. Grab a spritzer to make things easier!
- If you are going to make muffins, cakes, etc. in the air fryer purchase an accessory kit. It’s cheaper to get all of the gadgets at once versus purchasing them individually.
- Always check your basket about halfway through the cooking time and flip if needed.
My Favorite Air Fryer Recipes:
- The BEST Air Fryer Apples
- Healthy Cinnamon French Toast Sticks – Air Fryer!
- Healthy Air Fryer Meatballs | Gluten Free
- Air Fryer Tofu with Honey Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Air Fryer Vegan Chex Mix | Oven Instructions Too!
- 5 Ingredient Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders (Air Fryer or Oven-Baked)
PIN ME FOR LATER