5 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Fajitas that are gluten-free, Whole30 approved, keto, and paleo. This recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables, flavor, and perfect for meal prep! Add this healthy fajita chicken to tacos, bowls, or salads for an easy weeknight dinner.
There’s nothing better than coming home to a house filled with the smell of delicious spices and knowing dinner is ready to go! Am I right?
The best part about crockpot chicken recipes is how tender and delicious the chicken turns out.
Cooking chicken low and slow while letting it simmer in delicious Mexican spices and tomato juice results in the most perfect shredded chicken fajitas!
For these 5 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Fajitas you will need:
- Taco Seasoning
- Crushed Tomatoes (I used canned)
- Fresh Bell Peppers
- Fresh Onion
I like to use the store-bought packets from Trader Joes because I’m all about quick and easy, You are always welcome to make your own taco seasoning at home.
Some other things you will need for these shredded chicken fajitas:
- A crockpot — I’m obsessed with my Multi-Express Crock. It is an Instant pot and crock pot all in one and also offers a sautee function!
- A cutting board and two forks to shred the chicken
- A sharp knife to slice your peppers
- Glass Tupperware for storing leftovers or if making this recipe for meal prep.
You can also head to my amazon shop page for my favorite cooking gadgets, ingredients, and more!
How to make your own taco seasoning at home:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Modify this taco seasoning recipe however you like based on your spice level preference.
I tend to get a little heavy-handed with the oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Can you blame me?
What do you serve with chicken fajitas?
I truly believe there are no rules when it comes to food, but some of the classic foods to serve with chicken fajitas are:
- Black beans
- Vegan Avocado Cream Sauce
- Pinto Beans
- Mexican Rice
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Taco shells
- Tortilla Chip
Crockpot recipes are also wonderful for meal prep! I love making a big batch of this 5 ingredient fajita chicken to use on salads, burrito bowls, and tacos.
I also enjoy making a big “meat and three plate” by pairing the chicken with more roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes, and fresh avocado on the side.
You really can’t go wrong any way you serve it up!
Can you freeze shredded chicken?
Yes! Once your shredded chicken fajitas are completely cooled, you can put it in ziplock bags or airtight containers in 1 or 2 cup portions (depending on how much you think you’ll use at a time), and store in the freezer.
If stored properly, the shredded chicken will maintain good quality for about 4 months.
If you like this recipe you will also love:
- 5 Ingredient Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- 5 Ingredient Tex Mex Crockpot Chicken
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken Breasts
As always, be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make this recipe or any of my recipes!
Can’t wait to see how you all serve it up!
No time to make this recipe right now? No worries!
PIN ME FOR LATER!